Organised by ADS on behalf of the Home Office, the next Security & Policing event will take place between 6-8 March 2018. Established over 30 years ago, Security & Policing is the official UK Government event for the security sector and the only ‘closed’ event of its kind. For those unfamiliar with the event, it provides a unique environment for both UK stakeholders and specially-invited international customers – invited by Department for International Trade, Defence & Security Organisation (DIT DSO), through their international delegation programme. Against the backdrop of substantial growth in the security market globally, the event should be seen as a substantial opportunity for companies large and small.
Building on past successes, the 2018 event will continue to offer a wide range of carefully planned initiatives, with some new and exciting elements.
- For the first time the event will take place in an exciting new venue; the new ‘Hall 1’ at our site in Farnborough. The construction project for this conference and exhibition centre facility spanning two floors is hugely impressive and exhibitors will be participating in one of the first outings for this vast and flexible space.
- Security & Policing will present a brand new live immersive feature in 2018 with a focus on Border Security. Working closely with Border Force the feature will present a multi –modal transport hub. This feature will showcase the very latest technologies for foot passenger and vehicle terminals, and those which address the challenge of individual passenger mass screening at ports around the world.
- A new dedicated Digital Zone will offer insight and expertise to customers on how to address the challenges of on-line crime, one of the most sophisticated threats facing society.
- The hugely successful briefing programme will continue, specifically designed to offer insight to exhibitors and visitors on the pertinent current security challenges. Cressida Dick, The Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Service, is one of many confirmed senior speakers who will brief attendees on the key issues of the day.
- Finally, we are pleased to announce that our domestic visitor programme will be expanded to include a wider customer base than the many security and law enforcement practitioners already in attendance, to include invitations to a wider set of stakeholders in critical sectors of the economy such as water, energy and food.
With unrivalled networking with both UK and international customers, and as the UK enters into negotiations for a new set of trade relationships following the country’s vote to leave the European Union, Security & Policing promises to be even more of a prized asset serving as a ‘jewel in the crown’ for the UK security industry.
Click here to learn more.